Having healthy breakfast is proven to keep your mood happy. Trust me and what constitutes a healthy and a tasty breakfast is something like Blueberry pancakes. We also know that National Blueberry Pancake day just passed.That’s right, the blueberry pancakes have its own day of honour. These are extremely nutritious for breakfast or a delicious snack on the mid day and very simple and easy for dinner. So to the food that loves you so much and takes care of you, you need to show some fondness right?
We all love ordering a luscious pancake from IHOP OR PANERA BREAD. To make it pocket friendly you can use Yaarlo the cashback website and save money. Plus you can sign up using my referral code SARAHHLU515 to earn $1 or why not try making a sumptuous and healthy Blueberry pancake.
But before that don’t you love to know why blueberry pancakes are healthy?
1. Blueberry pancakes for breakfast jump start your metabolism with carbohydrates, protein and B vitamins that turn food into energy.
2. They give you a boost of three nutrients especially vital for women: calcium, iron and folate
3. Healthy and filling breakfast always helps in keeping you fresh and alive throughout the day.
4. One 6-inch blueberry pancake has 16 percent of the recommended daily intake of calcium.
Wow, no wonder why everyone loves pancakes. It’s healthy and tasty to eat. Let’s get started.
What you need?
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup milk,
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a large mixing bowl.
2. In a separate large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Add the milk, melted butter, and vanilla. whisk to blend.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and Whisk the ingredients together just until blended
4. Fold the blueberries and lemon zest into the batter.
5. After an hour,pour the batter on the large skillet or griddle over medium heat and coat with some of the remaining melted butter.
6. When bubbles begin to form and “pop” on the pancake’s surface, after about 1 minute, and the outer edge looks done, flip it over and cook briefly for about 30 seconds on the other side.
The delicious pancakes are ready to be served. Just garnish with some maple or chocolate syrup to make it even more delicious.
Here is a Pro Tip :
If you want to make it more healthy, s
kip the plain flour and add wheat flour with oat meal. Start your day with this awesome breakfast.