We totally understand the emotion that cannot be put into words you are going through now. The joy of seeing your baby sleep and the anger when someone wakes them, the joy of looking them blabber the meaningless words and the anger when they spill the food and eat nothing. Baby food is the most important factor to think about when you think about babies, all they do during their first few months is sleep, eat, digest and repeat. While growing up babies are so easy in today’s world they say, as everything you need is available in stores. But it’s a fact that nothing is as healthy and as special like making them at home.
Here are five easy-to-make and super healthy homemade baby food recipes that will make you want to try immediately. (We know your babies won’t say wow, but trust me they will love it)
But before going into the recipes here are few things to take note of before feeding them:
- Do not overdo it. Make small portions of food. Babies who are months old cannot eat more than four tablespoons. Thus prepare small quantities.
- Remember that there are foods that are good for you but not for the babies. They can’t tell you how they feel but too much of onions, beans, wheat, and milk could cause gas and make them feel uncomfortable.
- Look out for foods that cause allergies. Fish, egg, eggplants and shell foods. Consult your pediatrician before making the baby food.
- Organic foods are great but beware of the duplicates. And If you cannot afford complete organic foods try buying them online or through cashback websites like Yaarlo. Plus there are a lot of printable coupons available for baby related products. Do have a look.
- The Avocado Puree
The omega-3 rich Avocado puree is the all-time classic baby food. Avocados are smooth and creamy that will help the babies to swallow without much hassle. So here is how you make it:
- Clean and slice the avocados.
- Put them in a blender or mash it using a fork.
- Make it a smooth puree by adding as much water as needed.
- Serve them fresh as this may tend to get bitter if not served stored for a long time.
- The Carrot and Yam Puree:
This baby food is considered as the king. It’s 100% healthy and gives the needed energy and vitamins to your baby.
- Clean the carrot and Yam with lukewarm water as these are from underground and may have muddy substance.
- Peel of their skin and steam it to the mashing consistency
- After it’s cooked allow them to cool and blend them using a blender.
- Add water if needed and a pinch of salt.
- The awesome food is ready to be served.
- The Pea Puree:
This is considered as the pivotal food for babies metabolism and nutrition. Peas are a very good source of vitamin B6, Zinc, and Magnesium which is very important for your baby’s growth.
- It’s advisable to use fresh peas instead of frozen ones.
- Keep the water on boil and add a pinch of salt
- Add the peas into the boiling water and cover it with a lid.
- Now smash the peas and remove the skin if necessary
- Add milk or water for consistency
- The baby food is ready to be served.
- Beets and Blueberry mash
Immunity is very important to everyone and especially babies. It’s very difficult to build immunity once your child grows up, so practice it as early as possible. Beets and blueberries are a great immunity builders and are rich in fiber content.
- Take two medium organic beets and freshly chopped blueberries and wash them with cold water
- Peel the beets clean
- Add the blueberries and the Beets in a saucepan and cover them with water.
- After they get steamed completely, cool them and blend it along with milk and sugar.
- The delicious breakfast is ready for your baby’s great start.
- Baby Friendly Chicken
We all know chicken is a very good source of protein and helps build muscle tissues. Keep your child healthy and fit by making this recipe.
- Take the chicken breasts or thighs and place them in the oven with a little amount of olive oil sprinkled on top.
- It’s very important to cook them properly. After cooking them in oven for 20 mins, check if the center has turned a light brown instead of pink
- Cool the cooked chicken and chop them into small pieces
- Now blend the chicken along with Baby cereals or any other vegetable purees mentioned above.
- The protein-rich food is ready for your baby.